Persian Sangak Bread
- Whole wheat Persian flatbread with no added oil, sugar or preservatives
- Each handmade bread is approximately 70cm x 30cm
- Perfect for sharing with 4 -6 people
- Freeze on day of delivery or enjoy within 3 days
- Delivered nationwide every Tuesday and Friday. Please select a date at checkout
In Persian 'sangak' means little stone. This traditional Iranian flatbread is encrusted with sesame seeds and baked on a bed of small river stones in the oven.
Sangak bread was the bread of the Persian army and was referenced for the first time in the 11th century. Each soldier carried a small quantity of pebbles which at camp were brought together to create the "sangak oven" that would bake the bread for the entire army.
The perfect complement to your favorite dips, salads and grilled meats as part of a meze feast or with your favourite cheeses and cold cuts.
Energy:75KJ / 179Kcal
- Total Fat: 1.7g
- Saturated fat: 1.25g
- Carbohydrate: 46g
- of which Sugars: 1.26g
- Dietary Fibre: 4.9g
- Protein: 11.1g
- Salt: 0.74g
Nutritional Information Per 100g
Ingredients & Allergens
See ingredients underlined
Wholemeal wheat flour - Water - Yeast - Salt - Sesame seeds
We deliver nationwide within the UK mainland (excludes Jersey, Scottish Highlands & Islands) every Tuesday and Friday via DPD.
Order cut-off is Monday at midnight for Friday delivery and Friday at midnight for Tuesday delivery.
Please select a date at checkout